Student enrollment 2022/23
Faculties of University Union Nikola Tesla can enroll a number of international applicants, not exceeding the total number of students as set in the work permit.
A foreign citizen can enroll in the status of a “self-financing student” (paying the full tuition fee), as specified by each faculty
All the documents necessary for the enrolment (in undergraduate, master or doctoral studies) must be translated into Serbian and sealed by an official court interpreter
Follow the general rules for admission and enrolment (see the following pages).
Admission requirements (full-degree) application
All students (including foreign students) directly apply and are enrolled in all levels of studies at a certain Faculty of the University of Niš. When applying, candidates are obliged to present for inspection their original documents, and submit respective copies and their certified translations together with the application form.
In order to be considered for admission, the following is required from all foreign applicants:
- Validated diploma or school leaving certificate of four-year secondary education, together with the transcripts of records for each of the four years;
- Proof of Serbian language proficiency (B2 level) *;
- Proof of payment of the entrance exam fee;
- Application form, available at the Office of Students’ Affairs at each Faculty
Entrance exams are generally organized in the Serbian language*.
The candidates pay the entrance exam fee and other application-related expenses directly to the faculty bank account. Faculties determine the amount that needs to be paid.
The candidates have to show their passport or ID card when taking the exam.
Accepted candidates have to submit:
Original documents (validated diploma or school leaving certificate of four-year secondary education, together with the original transcripts of records for each of the four years of schooling);
- Birth certificate, with certified translation into Serbian;
- Proof of having health insurance for the current academic year;
- Two registration forms (so-called ŠV-20, available at the Office of Students’ Affairs at each Faculty);
- University index (student booklet, can be bought at a nearby school bookstore, or any other school bookstore in Serbia);
- Two photos 4.5 x 3.5 cm and one photo 2.5 x 2 cm;
- Proof of payment of tuition fee for self-financed students.
Faculties reserve the right to require some additional admission documents.
The amounts of tuition fees are established by each Faculty separately.
Candidates are advised to contact individual Faculty of their choice in order to receive detailed information on enrolment conditions and entrance examinations.
* Valid for the study programs that are organized only in the Serbian language.
Enrolment - Exchange programmes
Exchange students will be enrolled at the host faculty, which has previously accepted their application.
The documents that should be submitted to the University IRO by exchange students are:
- Application Form
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of Registration at the Home Institution
- Copy of Passport
- Learning Agreement
- Motivation Letter
- Language Certificate (English or Serbian B2)
The documents that should be issued from host faculty and IRO to exchange students are:
- Confirmation of stay at the University
- Transcript of Records/Transcript of Work
- ECTS Grading Table
- ECTS Grading Scale